Happy Burgh-Day, Pittsburgh!
We love Pittsburgh and we know you do too, so we decided to throw a BADASS BICENTENNIAL BASH.
From the Dudes (and ladies) who brought the city PGH ABIDES (a Lebowski event), comes an interactive, immersive bicentennial birthday bash for Pittsburgh. This evening of festivities celebrates our date of incorporation and pays homage to all things Pittsburgh. Spirit Hall will be transformed to feature neighborhoods such as Mt. Washington and Downtown. You can visit iconic landmarks without leaving the building. Upon arrival, nametags will determine what role you will play – former mayor, schoolteacher, Andy Warhol, Andrew Carnegie, Myron Cope, bus driver, mill worker, Nellie Bly, Naomi Sims, or even a modern-day Google employee. You will determine if the busses run on time, if the streets are closed, and if gentrification takes over your ‘hood. Together we will celebrate the past and predict the future.
• Whiskey Rebellion obstacle course
• Nebby Nana Fortune Teller
• Reenact the Immaculate Reception
• Historical relic displays
• Write texts to future-Pittsburgh
• Jeopardy-style trivia
• Orgone Archive
• Alternate Histories
• Projectile Objects
• Colonel Eagleburger's Highstepping Goodtime Band
• James Hart and Carrie Battle of the Harlan Twins
• The Second String Pierogies (PNC Park’s lesser-known but still Pittsburgh-famous dumplings)
• Food by Spirit/Slice Island
• Penn Brewery’s Pothole Pale Ale
Mark your calendar, a bicentennial only happens once.
RING LEADER ALEXI MORRISASSY